Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Employed.

I have to admit I'm feeling pretty great about the direction of my life.
This has been a very difficult year.
Had to conquer some trials I never even thought would be an issue.
In a way, this has been the most difficult year of my life.
I'm only 18, so I guess that might not actually be saying too much.
.
Well, three weeks ago, I moved to New Zealand.
For some reason, I was under the impression that finding a job would be easy.
It wasn't.
For some reason, I didn't turn to Christ in my time of need.
Until, I was desperate!
.

There are some people out there, who are always righteous.
They make good choices.
They are lead by the Lord.

.
I make my own choices.
But when my decisions end up being really stupid,
I THEN turn to the Lord.

^ That is really ridiculous.
Not a smart way to live.

.
After a lot of humbling experiences, I turned to the Gospel.
I was able to feel peace.
I feel peace when I'm closest to my Savior.
To feel close to the Savior,
I've had to drop old habits, & gain news ones.
I've had to repent, & I've had to have a change of heart.
.
A change I've had, is scripture study.
Since I could remember, I have always been told to do scripture study.
Well Chaps, I am now doing scripture study, with the intent to gain something out of it.
I love the Book of Mormon.

It's my favourite book.
.
Another addition to the changing I've done, is praying with a sincere heart.
Over the years, I've memorised three prayers.
Meal prayers, church prayers, personal prayers.
But now, I think before I pray.
I think about the blessings in my life.
I think about the things I need to work on.
I think about others.
With these three things, I've noticed my prayers are always different.
Hallelujah! They are no longer recycled prayers.
.
With these changes, I've been able to see the blessings.
Blessings in all aspects of life.

I've also gained the blessing, of recognising blessings.
.
I am now closer to my Father In Heaven than I have ever been.
I can feel the difference that these simple two things have brought into my life.
.
Let me testify to you, that when you are closest to your Heavenly Father, he will bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment